HazardousHazardous and Toxic Materials

The Hazardous and Toxic Materials Program is responsible for enforcing the county's hazardous waste rules and regulations. These management standards apply to generators and transporters of hazardous waste, used oil and universal waste. Environmental Health division provides technical assistance to regulated businesses and to local government to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.

Chemical and Hazardous Material Spills
When there is an oil spill or other chemical spill in the Central Utah area, the Environmental Health Division assists the Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to help ensure proper cleanup. Please visit the DEQ's website, Utah DEQ Division of Solid & Hazardous Waste, for more information about their Spill Response Program. 

To report a spill, contact the Central Utah Public Health Department at 435-896-5451.

Other links of interest:




July 5, 2017