HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases
HIV/AIDS testing and counseling is available at the Health Department. The testing is confidential and available by appointment. There is a fee for the test. To be tested minors do not need consent from a parent or guardian.
Should you be tested?
- Have you had sex with a man or woman who has had other sex partners?
- Have you shared injection needles or other body piercing equipment such as drug items, razor blades, or pierced jewelry.
- Even if you may not have used any of the items listed above, you are still at risk if you have had sex with someone who has.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs)
If you are sexually active you are at risk for contracting a Sexually Transmitted Disease, please visit your doctor or call your local county office.
For more information:
- Contact your doctor or your local county office
- Call 1-800-448-0440 for an AIDS Health Information Specialist
- AIDS Information
- Utah Department of Health
- Disease Fact Sheets