Utah Tobacco Quit Line
Need some extra help quitting?
When you call the Utah Tobacco Quit Line toll-free at 1.800.QUIT.NOW,you will be connected to either your quit-smoking services at your health plan or to a quit coach at the Quit Line. Either way, a friendly, professional coach will guide you through the quitting process. You can even call if you are helping someone else to quit tobacco.
The Tobacco Prevention and Control Program (TPCP) at the Utah Department of Health and its partners, use comprehensive strategies to reduce tobacco use and tobacco-related disease and death. Our primary goals are to help tobacco users quit, prevent youth from starting to use tobacco, protect Utahns and visitors to the state from secondhand smoke, and to eliminate tobacco-related disparities. Our primary focus is on developing strategies and implementing activities that will prevent the use of tobacco altogether and at the same time implementing and supporting activities that will control or alleviate the negative health effects of direct use or the indirect exposure to tobacco.
Pick up the phone and call!
When someone calls the Utah Tobacco Quit Line, they can:
- Be connected with a trained coach to develop a personalized quit plan
- Receive up to five individually tailored sessions with a coach
- Get a self-help booklet and information about online resources
- Opt in for text messaging reminders and support
- Receive information about how to help a friend or family member quit
- Discuss options for medications, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy,
- for eligible callers (Youth are not eligible for NRT)
Phone-based coaching is convenient, private and very effective.
Call the Utah Tobacco Quit Line toll-free 1.800.QUIT.NOW (1.800.784.8669) to learn more about this great resource. TTY users, call toll-free at 1.877.6534.
Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more detailed information go to:
Utah Tobacco Quit Line handout 2014 (PDF 100.30KB)